22 December 2015

Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly book meme created by the Girls of The Broke and and the Bookish



1. You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost), by Felicia Day

Heard so much praise about Miss Day's memoirs and it just looks like a book that must be read.

 

2. The Martian, by Andy Weir

I just want to own a copy.

 

3. Enter Whining, by Fran Drescher

The #1 bestseller by one of my favourite actresses. I grew up watching The Nanny, and Miss Drescher has always been an inspiration to me.

 


4. The Silent Steppe: The Memoir of a Kazakh Nomad Under Stalin, by Mukhamet Shayakhmetov

 This book has been on my TBR forever now. It's a classic of Kazakh history.

 

5. Lords of the Sith: Star Wars, by Paul S. Kemp

I love Darth Vader. More Vader, please.

 

6. Bucky F*cking Dent: A Novel, by David Duchovny

If this book is at least as funny as Holy Cow, I need to read it.

 

7. Travelling to Infinity, by Jane Hawking

The woman behind the genius.



 
8. Infernal Devices, by K.W. Jeter

To continue my exploration of Steampunk.


 
9. Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions, by Edwin A. Abbot

A novel that physicists love to refer to in their popular science books. What would it be like to live in a two-dimensional Universe?
 

 
10. Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mandel

I've heard so much praise about this book and, naturally, I'm curious.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment