5 January 2016
Top Ten (Somewhat) Realistic Resolutions for 2016
In 2016, I resolve to...
1. ... not stress myself out with silly unnecessary challenges.
If you go to my Goodreads page, you'll see that I signed up for the annual, frigging, reading challenge. You will also see that my "goal" is to read twelve books this year. I can read way more than twelve (obviously!), but this lazy number really takes the pressure off, doesn't it? At the end of the day, I just want to keep track of my reading progress.
2. ... spoil myself with more books.
Which simply means, "to buy more books". New books. Books in pretty covers. Books that smell like nerd heaven.
3. ... read more new books.
I'm so bad at staying up to date with the new releases and newbie authors. If it weren't for this blog I'd still be reading nothing by Asimov and Bradbury.
4. ... listen to more audiobooks.
Like I said earlier, not the biggest fan of audiobooks, but I need some sort of mental stimuli while I'm knitting my latest scarf.
Which brings me to my next resolution.
5. ... knit more.
To crochet more. Knit, knit, knit. Knit for myself, for my family, for charity and - hopefully - for sale.
6. ... start writing fanfiction again.
I know I must. It's my calling.
7. ... finish my never-ending Supernatural marathon.
I'm still on season six, and it's going so slowly.
8. ... try some new physical activity.
Something I haven't done before. Like taekwondo or pole dancing.
9. ... try cosplay.
How hard can it be? Right?
10. ... keep blogging and ruling over this little corner of the Internet I call home.
What's your resolutions for 2016? Anything crazily ambitious?