Skip to main content

My Top Ten Star Wars Moments

... A long time ago on a book blog far, far way, one Star Wars fan sat down and listed ten of her favourite moments of the space saga, in honour of the upcoming Star Wars day, May the 4th.


Welcome to another round of Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme created by the girls of The Broke and the Bookish. Tomorrow is Star Wars day, and to celebrate it, I'm dedicating this week's top ten list to some of my favourite scenes and moments from all the Star Wars movies that have come out so far.

Before I start the countdown, just a quick reminder that these are my personal choices. If you disagree with my picks, simply post your own list in the comment section.

Enjoy!

10. The Millennium Falcon chase
The Force Awakens

Even though I was vastly disappointed by the latest chapter in the Star Wars saga, I have to give credit to the visual effects in the film. They are a nearly perfect blend of practical effects and CGI. And the scene where we get to see the Millennium Falcon fly for the first time since Return of the Jedi is just breathtaking.



 
9. The Battle on Geonosis
Attack of the Clones

In the original trilogy, the Jedi knights were but a myth, and there were only a handful of people who knew about their existence . One of the things I liked about Attack of the Clones when I first saw it was that I finally got to see how awesome and powerful the Jedi used to be. That scene when they all arrive to the "gladiator" arena and start kicking ass like a well oiled machine is probably the best scene in the movie.

Which makes this next moment even more heartbreaking.




 
8. Order 66
Revenge of the Sith

Episode III is possibly the most tragic movie of all the Star Wars movies. Tragic in a way that a Greek tragedy is tragic. Everybody dies and everything goes to hell. And there is something especially sad about the whole Jedi culture being wiped out in just a few short hours.

 
 
 
7. I love you. - I know.
The Empire Strikes Back

Thank you, Harrison Ford, for turning what could have been a cheesy scene into one of the most memorable troll moments in movie history.


 


6. Darth Maul duel
The Phantom Menace

 That scene is cool. Darth Maul is cool. The music is epic.


 
 
5. These aren't the droids you're looking for
A New Hope

You don't need to see his identification. We may go about our business. Move along!
Damn, I wish I could do that!


 
4. Setting up the Original Trilogy
Revenge of the Sith

This is why I like Revenge of the Sith so much. It's the tie-ins with the OT. The little details, like erasing C3PO's memory so that he doesn't remember anything in the original movie. Now there's nothing left to do but to watch the original trilogy again from the start.


3. No, I am your father!
The Empire Strikes Back
 
It's not the twist itself that makes this moment so amazing. It's that we finally get to see the human side of Vader. Suddenly, he's not just some evil cyborg. He's a man with a past, a man who's in pain. And when he calls Luke through the Force in a last attempt to reach out to his son, you can't help but feel bad for the guy.

Which brings us to my next pick...



 

2. Luke and Vader reunion
Return of the Jedi

The father and son storyline is arguably the best part in this movie (cuz it's definitely not the ewoks). Everything about that dialogue just before Luke is taken to the Emperor is so well executed. The writing, the directing, the subtlety is Mark Hamill's and James Earl Jones' performances. And even though Vader is still wearing his mask, you can almost see the inner conflict in his head.


1. The Opening credits
Every Star Wars movie

There is something so special about the opening credits of a Star Wars movie. Maybe it's the musical score. Whenever I hear it, it makes me feel like I'm part of something big and everlasting.



Well, these were my picks. What are yours?

Thank you for stopping by and happy Star Wars day :)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Reading

Schoolz out for the summer! For the next two months, I won't have to learn anything new about odontology, medicine, or the physical properties of dental cements. Also, I can finally read for fun again . I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I have fallen out of love with reading, and at that time it really did feel that way. Now, I feel like I'm getting my bookworm mojo back, and I'm already working on my next book review. I have also assembled a short and preliminary list of books I want to read this summer. Some of them are new to me, but there are a few re-reads as well.  I bought my copy of The House of Binding Thorns on a whim because I loved the cover. Also, I almost never read anything by French authors, and I'd like to change that. Endymion is, of course, the third book in the Hyperion Cantos series. The first two books completely blew me away. Honestly, not a day goes by that I don't think about those stories.  The two re-r

Book Review: The Silent Steppe: The Memoir of a Kazakh Nomad Under Stalin

Title: The Silent Steppe: The Memoir of a Kazakh Nomad Under Stalin Author: Mukhamet Shayakhmetov Translated by: Jan Butler Year of publishing: 2007 Publisher: The Overlook Press Source: Purchased Genre: historical nonfiction This is a first-hand account of the genocide of the Kazakh nomads in the 1920s and 30s. Nominally Muslim, the Kazakhs and their culture owed as much to shamanism and paganism as they did to Islam. Their ancient traditions and economy depended on the breeding and herding of stock across the vast steppes of central Asia, and their independent, nomadic way of life was anathema to the Soviets. Seven-year-old Shayakhmetov and his mother and sisters were left to fend for themselves after his father was branded a "kulak" (well-off peasant and thus class enemy), stripped of his possessions, and sent to a prison camp where he died. In the following years the family travelled thousands of miles across Kazakhstan by foot, surviving on the charity of rel

Big Site News (I'm Moving!)

What's up guys! It's been over a week since I got back from Montreal and I can't believe it's all over now. But life goes on, and I sure have a lot of stuff to cross off my list before the end of summer. First, there's Campnanowrimo, which I do every July (and April). I took this opportunity to finish the first draft of my new novel. I'm also moving! No, I don't mean like to a new city (or Canada). I'm moving this blog to Wordpress. I've been wanting and planning to switch to Wordpress for a long time, and now finally seems like the right time. Nothing will change. I will be posting book reviews, discussions, and an occasional Top Ten- list. But I will be doing it on a platform that will allow me to be more creative, and to grow as a writer. I want this to eventually become an author website, with that author being... well, me. The official date for the move will be announced as soon as I'll finish building my Wordpress site and transport